How Doopoll converts 20% of visitors
Since the start of the year, I've been focused on building a system that generates organic signups and customers for the company I cofounded doopoll.
The goal was:
- Acquire customers without having to pay for them
- Move towards a no-touch model vs high-touch model – this includes moving towards lower ARPU but increasing the volume overall
And we managed it.
It was great to be invited onto the Growth Machine podcast to talk about how I did that for doopoll.
In this episode, we cover:
- How to find topics that users actually care about
- How bottom of funnel content feels dumb but can convert really well
- How to learn from the PR/referral strategy which gained us 100+ high quality backlinks within days (spoiler: it's not something you can copy directly)(sorry)
- You're likely an expert in your given field – prepare content for people who have questions you think are basic knowledge
- When in a competitive market, gain ground on incumbents by creating conversion-focused content first
- If backlinks are a goal, consider creating a resource that is aligned to a very large news story and pitching it to journalists
Enjoyed reading this?
You can get these delivered to your inbox by adding your email to the box below.